Zucchini Meatloaf & Roasted Butternut
It’s that fight with mince time again so I decided to combine it with my love of zucchini and make a Zucchini Meatloaf!
- 700gr mince
- 1 onion grated (water squeezed out)
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini grated (liquid squeezed out)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme (leaves only)
- 1 tsp BBQ spice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour (you can use bread crumbs)
- ¼ tomato sauce
- A ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha (or more)
- 2 tsp brown sugar (I used xylitol)
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar (balsamic also fine)
- Sliced red onion and chopped parsley for topping
All you need to do you would be to whisk all the ingredients together and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Mix the mince with all the ingredients and combine well.
- Press into a greased loaf tin. Pour sauce over.
- Top with red onion and parsley.
- Bake for about 40 minutes on bottom rack. Enjoy
- 1 butternut
- Salt and pepper
- A drizzle of olive
- 1 tbsp honey
- Microwave the butternut for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice (it will be hot to handle 😊).
- Put on a baking sheet, season with salt and black pepper, drizzle with olive oil and honey.
- After removing meat loaf, pop it for 10 minutes.
SOY SAUCE GREEN BEANS
- Bring a saucepan filled with salted water to a boil.
- Blanch green beans for a minute or so (or you can quickly boil in the microwave). Drain.
- Melt butter and olive and add garlic.
- Stir for 110 seconds and add green beans. Fry a few seconds and soy sauce. Mix through. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper.
I waited for the boys’ opinion first before sharing it here with you. If they said it was just OK I wouldn’t have posted, they really enjoyed it and so did I. It was delicious and moist. I served it together with Roasted Butternut and Soy Sauce Green Beans and then made it conform with Keto my using almond flour, but you can use either breadcrumbs or the bread soaked in water.
Prepared, tried and tested by Melanie Kramar