A quick and easy steak dinner and Zucchini Salad
The zucchini, courgette, or baby marrow is a summer squash, a vining herbaceous plant whose fruit is harvested when its immature seeds and epicarp are still soft and edible. It is closely related, but not identical, to the marrow; its fruit may be called marrow when mature.
Can I eat raw zucchini?
Overall, nutrients found in zucchini promote bone health, heart health, and healthy weight and aid in cancer prevention. The best way to eat zucchini is to consume it raw. However, salads and raw dishes are not the only way to enjoy this healthy summer squash.
A quick and easy steak dinner and Zucchini Salad.
- 2–3 Zucchinis
- 1/3 cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Pecorino Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- Place the lemon juice, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil in and whisk.
- Slice the zucchini into rounds.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook the zucchini for a few minutes on either
side (until the moisture dries up).
- Do this in batches and set them aside.
- In the same pan, toast the sesame seeds and then the almonds.
- Place the zucchini in a salad bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Toss thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the almonds, sesame seeds, and grated pecorino over the top.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 209
- Fat: 26
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 20
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 15
Keywords: Zucchini Salad
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.