As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you need An Easy 30 Minute Sweet Corn Semolina Cake? You’re in luck, we have exactly that and you will be so happy once you made this.
Are polenta and semolina the same thing?
What can I use if I don’t have cornmeal?
- Corn grits. This is a corn product that is among the best substitute for cornmeal.
- Polenta. This is another ground corn.
- Corn flour. Note that corn flour is different from cornmeal.
- Masa Harina. This is a kind of corn flour that will make your tortilla.
An Easy 30 Minute Sweet Corn Semolina Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 1 flat tray – approximately 9-12 blocks 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
This sweet corn cake is spiked with desiccated coconut to provide a sweet, rich, and tasty treat.
- 200 g butter
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 can cream-style sweetcorn
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut.
- Beat together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one egg at a time.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add sweetcorn, mix and then add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a prepared baking tray.
- Bake at 180C / 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
Prepared, tried, and tested Jennifer Govender Bisnath from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 366
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 358
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 39
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 93
Keywords: Corn semolina cake, semolina bread
Masa is a maize dough that comes from ground nixtamalized corn. It is used for making corn tortillas, gorditas, tamales, pupusas, and many other Latin American dishes. Its dried and powdered form is called Masa Harina, Masa de Harina, and sometimes Maseca, the name of one commercial brand.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
4 thoughts on “An Easy 30 Minute Sweet Corn Semolina Cake”
Yum, this sounds delicious. I love quick recipes.
Hi Pam – thanks, yes love those in less than an hour, or even better less than 30 minutes.
Quick and easy to make sounds perfect!
Yes for sure an easy and lovely treat