As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon Cheese Spinach Kale scones – Something to be used for your breakfast or light work lunch or even a savory snack for the kids.
Bacon Cheese Spinach Kale Scones
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 cubes depending on size 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Easy
Looking for a quick snack for breakfast, or the lunchbox? Go for it, this is a staple in our house and we just love the saltiness of the bacon added here.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- 2 cups bacon pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach or kale
- 8–9 finely chopped green onions
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, mustard powder, cheese, bacon, onion, and spinach/kale.
- Beat buttermilk and eggs and add to dry ingredients and mix through.
- Spray muffin tin with spray and cook and spoon mixture into 18 wells and bake at 360F / 180 C until browned and done for ±25-30 minutes
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 block
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 252 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 46.5 mg
Keywords: Bacon, Cheese, Spinach, Kalem Scones
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.