Baked Chicken with Molasses, tender and perfect for Sunday meal.
Ingredients for your cock-a-doodle-do:
12 chicken pieces (6 thighs 6 drum sticks)
- 1 heaped tbsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp chicken spice
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp Chinese salt
- A ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Chinese Rice Wine or Mirin
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- A drizzle of oil
Photo credit: https://www.canva.com/photos/
Method to prepare this Baked Chicken with Molasses dish
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a glass bowl and set aside.
- Wash, clean and dry off the chicken with a paper towel and add to the marinade mix.
- With clean hands mix the marinade and chicken in order for the chicken to be covered completely with the marinade.
- Cover the glass bowl with cling film and refrigerate for a few hours (2 is enough).
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Drizzle some oil at the bottom of an oven proof casserole dish or baking tray and add the marinated chicken.
- Lower oven temp to 160˚C/320˚F then bake for an hour turning the chicken over after a ½ hour.
- Bake until chicken juices run clear and chicken cooked through and have a nice golden color.
- I served with roast potatoes and Greek Salad.
Prepared, tried and tested Melanie Kramar
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Do you need more, cluck and cackle recipes