Baked Chicken with Molasses, tender and perfect for Sunday meal.
Ingredients for your cock-a-doodle-do:
12 chicken pieces (6 thighs 6 drumsticks)
- 1 heaped tbsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp chicken spice
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp Chinese salt
- A ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Chinese Rice Wine or Mirin
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- A drizzle of oil
Method to prepare this Baked Chicken with Molasses dish
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a glass bowl and set aside.
- Wash, clean, and dry off the chicken with a paper towel and add to the marinade mix.
- With clean hands mix the marinade and chicken in order for the chicken to be covered completely with the marinade.
- Cover the glass bowl with cling film and refrigerate for a few hours (2 is enough).
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- Drizzle some oil at the bottom of an oven-proof casserole dish or baking tray and add the marinated chicken.
- Lower oven temp to 160˚C/320˚F then bake for an hour turning the chicken over after a ½ hour.
- Bake until chicken juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through and has a nice golden color.
- I served with roast potatoes and Greek Salad.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
Do you need more, cluck and cackle recipes?
Thank you for visiting and checking out this recipe
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.