As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have some leftover baked potatoes? Make a quick and filling breakfast and you have Baked Eggs Bacon Potato Bowls.
Baked Eggs Bacon Potato Bowls
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Easy
What to do with those leftover baked potatoes? Well, it’s super easy! Make a quick and easy filling and use it as breakfast by adding eggs, bacon, and cheese or as a side dish and baking them to perfection.
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 small blobs of margarine
- 4 eggs
- Crumbled bacon or leftover sausage thinly sliced (or any other meat you have available)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh spring onion, finely chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cook your potatoes till soft, but not overly so, as you still need to be able to make a shell.
- Cut an opening on the one flat side, but leave a rim.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato (use later for any other dish you like, i.e. mashed potatoes) with a spoon and hollow out the middle to make a “bowl“, leaving the potato as thick or thin as you prefer.
- Add a blob or two margarine in each bowl.
- Add some cheese, bacon/sausage (or any meat you prefer), and then break an egg into the bowl.
- Top with spring onion, and extra cheese, and season with fresh pepper.
- Bake at 350 – 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg whites are set.
- Serve immediately.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 537
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 479.2 mg
- Fat: 24.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.8 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 220.8 mg
Keywords: Eggs, Bacon, Potato
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.