How to prepare Easy Banana Pecan Nut Muffins, a perfect and healthy way to start your day and also fantastic for breakfast, snack, or a dessert!
A short history of banana bread
Believe it or not: Banana Muffins or Bread: The surprise ingredient (not bananas) that started it all
What is the secret to making moist muffins?
- Use butter AND oil as butter makes things tasty but oil makes things moist. So use both whenever you can!
- Do not overmix the batter
- Do not bake for longer than 20 minutes.
- 125 g Stork Bake or Butter
- 250 ml castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 ml vanilla essence / extract
- 500 ml Cake Flour
- 5 ml bicarbonate soda
- 5 ml Baking Powder
- 5ml Mixed spice
- 125 ml hot water
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F
- Cream butter & sugar until light & creamy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in Vanilla extract, and mashed bananas, add flour, baking powder, & mixed spice followed by bicarbonate soda dissolved in hot water.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into paper cupcake liners and bake them for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Add chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecan nuts just before popping them in the oven.
- Makes about 22 regular-size muffins.
Prepared, tried, and tested Feriel Sonday from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 152Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 29mgSodium 66mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 2g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.