As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Beef Chili Basil Stir Fry which is way better than take-out.
- 6 slices of scotch fillet cut into slivers against the grain
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 punnet mushrooms wiped and sliced
- 1 small punnet washed green beans cut
- A handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 chopped chilies or additional if you want stronger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, taste for saltiness, if not enough salt add some more.
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce or more if you need more sauce
Heat the wok and add the olive oil and add beef, chilies, and garlic stir fry for about 3 mins season with half of the oyster sauce and fish sauce.
Remove meat from the wok, set aside, add peppers, mushrooms, green beans, and the remainder of fish sauce and oyster sauce and stir fry for 3 to 4 mins.
Add meat back to the wok and add your chopped basil.
Cook egg noodles as per packet instructions
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Gail Haselsteiner