Save yourself a lot of money by making your own homemade cinnamon rolls, by using this Best Ever Cinnabon Rolls recipe!
- 250 ml full cream milk
- 125 ml + 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- 15 ml instant dry yeast
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 6 x 15 ml of melted butter
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 4 x 250 ml Cake flour
- 5 ml fine salt
- Warm the milk for 60 seconds in a Microwave. The milk should be warm, NOT hot.
- Place the milk in a standing mixer bowl.
- Add 15 ml sugar (1 tablespoon) as well as 15 ml yeast to the warm milk.
- Stir and let it froth for 5 minutes, or until it forms a frothy top.
- This will depend on the temperature in your kitchen and where you reside.
- Add the 125 ml sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla essence in the mixing bowl.
- If you have one, use the hooks to stir until combined.
- Add flour and salt.
- Start on a low speed and gently increase to a higher speed.
- You can also use a food processor with a cake mixing blade.
- Take out the dough and knead for 3 minutes.
- The dough must be smooth.
- If sticky, add 1 tablespoon flour and keep kneading.
- Oil the inside of a bowl with lid and let the dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- If you’re lucky enough to own a large wonder cooker bag, you can use that.
- Take out the dough and knock it down until all gas is out.
- Roll out on a floured surface with a marble rolling pin into a rectangular shape.
- It should be approximately 1/4 inch in thickness.
Best Ever Cinnabon Rolls filling:
- 1 cup Treacle sugar (also known as soft brown sugar)
- 2½ tablespoons fine cinnamon (use the best quality you can get)
- 6 tablespoon softened butter
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread onto the dough.
- Roll it up tightly like a sausage.
- Start from the far side and roll towards you, as its easier.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife into 1½ inch slices
- You can also use floss to cut into slices
- Let it rise again for 1 hour.
- Place the rolls in a lined baking tin with greaseproof paper, covered with spray and bake it.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 15 minutes (Thermofan assisted oven)
While the rolls are baking make Creamed cheese frosting:
- Half tub smoothed plain creamed cheese (NOT cottage cheese)
- 375 ml of icing sugar
- 75 ml butter softened
- 2½ ml of vanilla essence.
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients in an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
For the chocolate coating:
- 80 g Cadbury Dairy Milk melted in a microwave, for 30-second intervals until melted.
- Stir in 4 tablespoon dessert cream.
- Spread over rolls and sprinkle with pecan nuts.
- Store in an airtight container, if you’re so lucky to have some left for the next day! 🙂
Prepared by Feriel Sonday
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare