Save yourself a lot of money by making your own homemade cinnamon rolls, by using this Best Ever Cinnabon Rolls recipe!
- 250 ml full cream milk
- 125 ml + 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- 15 ml instant dry yeast
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 6 x 15 ml of melted butter
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 4 x 250 ml Cake flour
- 5 ml fine salt
- Warm the milk for 60 seconds in a Microwave. The milk should be warm, NOT hot.
- Place the milk in a standing mixer bowl.
- Add 15 ml sugar (1 tablespoon) as well as 15 ml yeast to the warm milk.
- Stir and let it froth for 5 minutes, or until it forms a frothy top.
- This will depend on the temperature in your kitchen and where you reside.
- Add the 125 ml sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla essence to the mixing bowl.
- If you have one, use the hooks to stir until combined.
- Add flour and salt.
- Start on a low speed and gently increase to a higher speed.
- You can also use a food processor with a cake-mixing blade.
- Take out the dough and knead for 3 minutes.
- The dough must be smooth.
- If sticky, add 1 tablespoon flour and keep kneading.
- Oil the inside of a bowl with a lid and let the dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- If you’re lucky enough to own a large wonder cooker bag, you can use that.
- Take out the dough and knock it down until all gas is out.
- Roll out on a floured surface with a marble rolling pin into a rectangular shape.
- It should be approximately 1/4 inch in thickness.
Best Ever Cinnabon Rolls filling:
- 1 cup Treacle sugar (also known as soft brown sugar)
- 2½ tablespoons fine cinnamon (use the best quality you can get)
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread onto the dough.
- Roll it up tightly like a sausage.
- Start from the far side and roll towards you, as it’s easier.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife into 1½-inch slices
- You can also use floss to cut into slices
- Let it rise again for 1 hour.
- Place the rolls in a lined baking tin with greaseproof paper, cover with spray, and bake it.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 15 minutes (thermofan-assisted oven)
While the rolls are baking make Creamed cheese frosting:
- Half tub smoothed plain creamed cheese (NOT cottage cheese)
- 375 ml of icing sugar
- 75 ml butter softened
- 2½ ml of vanilla essence.
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients in an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
For the chocolate coating:
- 80 g Cadbury Dairy Milk melted in a microwave, for 30-second intervals until melted.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons of dessert cream.
- Spread over rolls and sprinkle with pecan nuts.
- Store in an airtight container, if you’re so lucky to have some left for the next day! 🙂
Prepared by Feriel Sonday
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are super excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.