Save yourself a lot of money by making your own homemade cinnamon rolls, by using this Best Ever Cinnabon Rolls recipe!
- 250 ml full cream milk
- 125 ml + 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- 15 ml instant dry yeast
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 6 x 15 ml of melted butter
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 4 x 250 ml Cake flour
- 5 ml fine salt
- Warm the milk for 60 seconds in a Microwave. The milk should be warm, NOT hot.
- Place the milk in a standing mixer bowl.
- Add 15 ml sugar (1 tablespoon) as well as 15 ml yeast to the warm milk.
- Stir and let it froth for 5 minutes, or until it forms a frothy top.
- This will depend on the temperature in your kitchen and where you reside.
- Add the 125 ml sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla essence in the mixing bowl.
- If you have one, use the hooks to stir until combined.
- Add flour and salt.
- Start on a low speed and gently increase to a higher speed.
- You can also use a food processor with a cake mixing blade.
- Take out the dough and knead for 3 minutes.
- The dough must be smooth.
- If sticky, add 1 tablespoon flour and keep kneading.
- Oil the inside of a bowl with lid and let the dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- If you’re lucky enough to own a large wonder cooker bag, you can use that.
- Take out the dough and knock it down until all gas is out.
- Roll out on a floured surface with a marble rolling pin into a rectangular shape.
- It should be approximately 1/4 inch in thickness.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Save yourself a lot of money by making the BEST cinnabon rolls. They are HUGE, soft and oh so fluffy and absolutely delicious. You’ll never have to try any other recipe after you tasted this one! ” quote=”Save yourself a lot of money by making the BEST cinnabon rolls. They are HUGE, soft and oh so fluffy and absolutely delicious. You’ll never have to try any other recipe after you tasted this one! ” theme=”style2″]
Best Ever Cinnabon Rolls filling:
- 1 cup Treacle sugar (also known as soft brown sugar)
- 2½ tablespoons fine cinnamon (use the best quality you can get)
- 6 tablespoon softened butter
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread onto the dough.
- Roll it up tightly like a sausage.
- Start from the far side and roll towards you, as its easier.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife into 1½ inch slices
- You can also use floss to cut into slices
- Let it rise again for 1 hour.
- Place the rolls in a lined baking tin with greaseproof paper, covered with spray and bake it.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 15 minutes (Thermofan assisted oven)
While the rolls are baking make Creamed cheese frosting:
- Half tub smoothed plain creamed cheese (NOT cottage cheese)
- 375 ml of icing sugar
- 75 ml butter softened
- 2½ ml of vanilla essence.
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients in an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
For the chocolate coating:
- 80 g Cadbury Dairy Milk melted in a microwave, for 30-second intervals until melted.
- Stir in 4 tablespoon dessert cream.
- Spread over rolls and sprinkle with pecan nuts.
- Store in an airtight container, if you’re so lucky to have some left for the next day! 🙂
Prepared by Feriel Sonday
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare