Makes 1 loaf
500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dried yeast
3 tbsp olive oil
320 ml water
1.. Tip the flour into large mixing bowl and add salt to one side and yeast to another side. Add oil and 240 ml of water, use the fingers of one hand to mix the ingredients together. Add the remaining water a little at a time until you have soft,sticky dough and all the flour is incorporated . You may not need all the water.
2. Oil the surface, tip the dough onto oil and knead for the dough, continue kneading for 10 minutes. The dough will be less sticky and feel smooth and silky when ready. Put the dough in into lightly oiled bowl cover with clingfilm until double in size. This will take 1 to 3 hours.
3. Once the dough has risen, tip onto lightly floured surface knock back the dough by pushing out the air with your knuckles and heels of your hands. Do this until the dough smooth.
4. Flatten the dough into rectangle with long side facing you. Fold the long side further away from you into the middle of rectangle. Fold the long side nearest you into the middle on top of the other fold. Turn the loaf wider to middle a rough oval shape. Gently roll the loaf back and forth to form a bloomer shape.
5. Place the bloomer on baking tray and put the inside of a clean plastic bag make sure it wont touch the plastic as it rises leave to prove until double in size .
6. Preheat oven to 200C place on roasting tray on the bottom shelf of the oven to heat up. Once the loaf has risen spray with water dust with handful flour and rub it over the loaf . Score 4 diagonal slashes across the loaf 2-3cm deep.
7. Just before baking pour a little of water in a roasting tray this will create steam while the loaf is cooking and give the bread a crispy crust. Place the loaf in the middle shelf of oven and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool in wire rack .
Prepared, tried and tested by: https://www.facebook.com/alljoyslovelycooking/