As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Comforting and delicious as a starter or even as a meal on its own. This Butternut Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup taste great without ideal milk too.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ tsp fine Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 500 g pumpkin
- 4 cloves garlic
- plus-minus 700 g butternut, peeled and diced
- 4 sachets of Ina Parman vegetable stock
- 1 liter of boiling water
- 1 tin Ideal Milk (380g)
- Salt and pepper
Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup, another delicious variety to try out
- Drizzle with olive oil over the vegetables
- Roast butternut, pumpkin, and sweet potato in the oven until it’s soft
- Add veggie spice liberally.
- Side aside
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat; add onion and cook until onions are clear. Add chopped garlic cloves.
- Now add nutmeg and lightly fry for about 2 minutes.
- Thereafter you need to add brown sugar, roasted sweet potatoes, butternut, and pumpkin fry lightly for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the vegetable stock sachets to boiling water in a jug and stir until dissolved.
- Pour liquid into the saucepan to just cover the vegetables.
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Blend with a stick blender
- Season with pure white pepper, black ground pepper, and salt to taste.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel Sonday
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
6 thoughts on “Butternut Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup”
Both this recipe and the Homemade beef vegetable soup recipe look good. Thanks, Esme, for sharing them. #senisal
Thanks for popping in Natalie – I hope you will have a moment to test it out, and enjoy
I’m intrigued by the ingredient ‘stock sachet.’ Is that mainly a time-saver or does it make a better broth?
HI Terri, Thank you for asking but the sachet is merely a time saver. Not to worry about that, Enjoy
This looks delicious, Esme! I love butternut squash soup. I have one question: I am not familiar with “ideal milk”. Is it like regular milk or is it what I would call evaporated milk?
Laurie, Its mere terminology, its the same as evaporated milk