Butternut Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup
Comforting and delicious as a starter or even as a meal on its own. This Butternut Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup taste great without ideal milk too.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ tsp fine Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 500 g pumpkin
- 4 cloves garlic
- plus-minus 700 g butternut, peeled and diced
- 4 sachets of Ina Parman vegetable stock
- 1 liter of boiling water
- 1 tin Ideal Milk (380g)
- Salt and pepper
Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup, another delicious variety to try out
How about you come and join us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group and share your own home-made recipes.
Either click on the link or the below image
- Drizzle with olive oil over the vegetables
- Roast butternut, pumpkin and sweet potato in the oven until it’s soft
- Add veggie spice liberally.
- Side aside
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat; add onion and cook until onions are clear. Add chopped garlic cloves.
- Now add nutmeg and lightly fry for about 2 minutes.
- Thereafter you need to add brown sugar, roasted sweet potatoes, butternut, and pumpkin fry lightly for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the vegetable stock sachets to boiling water in a jug and stir until dissolved.
- Pour liquid into the saucepan to just cover the vegetables.
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Blend with a stick blender
- Season with pure white pepper, black grounded pepper, and salt to taste.
Prepared, tried and tested by Feriel Sonday
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare