As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OK, what do you do when you have overripe bananas? You hunt your grocery cupboard, see what you can come up and then substitute and adapt as you go along, till you find the correct consistency and hope for the best. I did taste a small blob of the dough to try and figure out if I had to add anything else, but eventually decided enough is enough and here we go with a new creation!
- 500g self-raising flour
- 1 can of caramel treat
- 1 can 1% milk – I used the caramel tin as measurement – you can use any % milk you have, we only stock 1%
- 5 Large mashed bananas
- 2 heaped teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnut pieces
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Spoon batter in 24 muffin pans lined with paper liners or into loaf pan/s.
- Let it sit for ±20 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F
- I only made muffins and baked it for 20-25 minutes. If you bake it in a loaf pan, you may have to bake it a bit longer for say 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- I have not baked it in a loaf pan as yet, so cannot provide you with the exact time, so just test it with a skewer for readiness.
- On 12 of the muffins, I added some extra walnut pieces, just for fun and extra crunch.
- Use a spoon to press them down, just a tiny bit, in order for them to stay put when baked.
Source: Esme Slabs – own creation