Savor the Soul-Warming Goodness of Leftover Chicken Carcass Soup
After having enjoyed a roast chicken, store the chicken carcass in the freezer for a cold winter’s night soup.
Warm up your soul with our delicious Chicken Carcass Soup! Packed with flavors and richness, this soup is the ultimate comfort food for chilly days.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 cups of butternut
- 4 pickled onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 slices of preserved lemon
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Into a heavy bottom pot, place one carcass, a pinch of salt, mixed herbs, and 1.5-liter cold water.
- Bring to the boil slowly. Then allow to simmer for an hour.
- Drain add set aside the chicken bits.
- Add to the liquid the rest of the ingredients
- Allow all to soften.
- Remove bits of chicken from the bones, discard bones.
- Chopped up the chicken and store it in the fridge, but you can also add some to the soup if you wish.
- When the veggies have cooked through. Turn off the heat and allow all to cool on the stove.
- When lukewarm, liquidize until smooth.
- When serving, add a spoonful of chicken to the bowl and pour the soup over.
- You can also add a drizzle of either yogurt or coconut milk to each bowl.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Dee of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 25.9 g
- Sodium: 1999.6 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.5 g
- Fiber: 18.4 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Chicken carcass soup with veggies