I always believe that spices are the spirit of any dish, and so also in this Chicken Legs Asian style dish. The chef is the conductor who is conducting an orchestra of flavors in the kitchen.
- 4-8 pieces of chicken legs
- Lemon zest (I used 1 big lemon)
- Lemon juice
- Fresh Ginger zest (I use medium use)
- Fresh Crushed garlic (I used 5 cloves
- 3-4 spoons of olive oil
- 3 spoons ground black pepper
- 2 spoons of honey
- 1-2 spoons of red chili powder
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Parsley leaves
- Start by mixing the lemon & fresh ginger zest, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chili, all together and add the mixture to the chicken legs.
- Add 3-4 spoons of olive oil to the mixture.
- It is important to have some sauce (that's why we added the lemon juice).
- Spread the mixture well on the chicken and leave it to rest for 1 hour in the
- Thanks to that, the chicken will absorb the flavor of the meat inside.
- Prepare a pan on medium heat (I always test if the pan is hot enough, by adding a little drop of water.
- If you hear the hissing sound, that means the pan is yours.
- Add the chicken legs on the pan with all the sauce and give it a good mix until
chicken gets the golden brown, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Turn and continue browning on the other side.
- Prepare another hot pan to place it on the chicken legs for 6 minutes with
- By this way, it will give the chicken a nice color and will make the skin more crispy.
- The chicken legs color is now getting golden brown, so it is time to add the honey to the chicken and make sure to mix well the honey with the rest of the sauce.
- The chicken is almost ready, time to add sesame seeds and some parsley leaves for decoration.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Ahmed Hesham Hamdy from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 1157Total Fat 64gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 42gCholesterol 655mgSodium 535mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 126g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
More Asian Style Recipes on the blog
- Asian Vegetable Steak Stir Fry
- Air Fried Asian Meatballs
- Asian Rice Soup with Chicken, Mushroom and Shrimp
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store