As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is only the second time I’ve tried Chicken Pilau and it was awesome. It’s a lot simpler than you think, so give it a go!
My brother asked if this is a new funky name for Biryani ?? I used Chicken pieces, not fillet. I did not use Mix veg only grated carrots
- 500g chicken fillet cut up in bite-size pieces
- 1 curry spoon ready fried onions
- 1/2 cup sour milk /yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 3 small tomatoes grated
- 1 sachet tomato paste 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Osmans Rustenburg chili powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp dhania jeera
- 1 tsp garum masala
- 1/2 tsp saffron essence
- 1 tsp crushed jeera
- 4 whole elachi
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ( Marinate the chicken with all these ingredients)
Potatoes cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup of mixed vegetables
2 1/2 cups rice cooked until almost done
1 cup grated carrots are added when cooking the rice.
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup oil
Topping for rice:
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Fried onions
- 1/4 tsp saffron essence
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients besides the potatoes and rice.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pot.
- Cook the chicken on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and mix veg.
- Sprinkle the dhania over.
- Layer with precooked rice.
- Add the topping over the rice.
- Steam in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with boiled eggs and serve with mayonnaise.
Recipe credit: By cooking and baking creations
Chicken Pilau Prepared tried and tested Melanie Kramar
Every time I check the blog for more recipes to share with you, I invariably find another to share with you, so here we go with more Chicken Pilau
4 thoughts on “Chicken Pilau”
Yum!! I love chicken pilau
Does this one differ from what you make?
Hi Pamela – Please try it and I hope you will enjoy it