Do try these Classic chocolate chip cookies level up with brown sugar and chocolate chips.
A chocolate chip cookie is a drop cookie that features chocolate chips or chocolate morsels as its distinguishing ingredient. Chocolate chip cookies originated in the United States around 1938 when Ruth Graves Wakefield chopped up a Nestlé semi-sweet chocolate bar and added the chopped chocolate to a cookie recipe.
They go from soft to hard because they start to dry out, and it begins as soon as you pull them from the oven. Whatever moisture is left in the cookies is always in a state of evaporation. At the same time, the sugars and starches are solidifyingPrint
Do try these Classic chocolate chip cookies taken up a notch with brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- I used unsweetened chocolate chips and a sugar alternative so you may add sugar to your liking.
- Sift the dry ingredients and set them aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix till combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form mixture into a log shape and press onto cling film.
- Roll tightly and set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into discs and place on a lined baking sheet leaving enough room for expansion.
- Bake at 180C / 350F for 15-20 minutes until the edges turn light brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 16
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 11
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 9
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.