Curried Chops for your next weekday dinner! You will love it for sure
- 500g chops.
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger.
- 2 tsp masala.
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder.
- ¼ tsp jeera powder.
- ¼ tsp dhania powder.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 green pepper chopped.
- Dhania for garnish.
- A tip, place the tomatoes in boiling water and wait until the skin starts to break, remove from the water and peel off the skin.
- Chop it up and place it in your liquidizer or in my case I used a milkshake maker.
- Add all the powdered spices and about a cup of water and blend till everything is well combined.
- Set aside for now.
- Heat some oil in a pot and add the onions and garlic and ginger.
- Let the onions saute till transparent.
- Add the green peppers and cook for about 15 minutes, until the peppers become soft.
- Add the tomato mixture that you have in your milkshake maker.
- Still well and cover the pot.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes so that everything infuses with everything.
- Add your pieces of chops and let them cook for about 30minutes or until the meat is nice and soft.
- You might need to add some more water so that the meat does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When you are finished, garnish with fresh dhania and serve with roti or rice.
The recipe I came up with myself and the picture is mine as well.
Source, prepared, and Posted by: Bobby Swanson