As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A trip down memory lane with these delicious and absolutely moreish Dried Fruit Bars. Do try them out.
Bake quick and comforting fruit bars with a few simple ingredients
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 c chopped pecans
- ¾ cup snipped prunes
- ¾ cup snipped dried apricots
- ½ cup dark raisins
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup corn syrup
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the fruit.
- Add 2 tbsp of the dry ingredients to the fruit to coat.
- Beat margarine, sugar, and egg with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until well creamed. Blend in syrup.
- Beat in the dry ingredients, then fold in the fruits and nuts.
- Bake in a 13″ x 9″ pan (lightly greased) at 350C for about 30 minutes.
Source: Volume 2 – Recipes and Reminiscences of Old-time Ucluelet. A fund-raiser for Sea View Senior’s Housing Society.
Prepared by Esme