Easy 20 Minutes Date Rolls with Coconut. We just love eating dates as they really help with sweet cravings. How about you? Do you love or hate them?
Origin of Coconut
Modern genetic studies have identified the center of origin (as per Wikipedia) of coconuts as being the Central Indo-Pacific,
Easy 20 Minutes Date Rolls with Coconut
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 depending on size 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
This is definitely the snack to satisfy any sweet cravings you are having.
- 250 g butter
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of coconut (for covering)
- 20 Dates (depending on size of rolls)
- Beat butter until it’s light in color.
- Add sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and beat again.
- Using a spatula, fold in cornflour and then gradually add flour to make a soft dough.
- Break into little pieces and place one date in the middle, and close it up and roll in coconut.
- Bake at 180C / 350F for 20 minutes.
Prepared, tried, and tested Jennifer Govender Bisnath from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chef
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 87
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 27
Keywords: coconut, date
Benefit of dates
Read more on the five reasons to eat more dates
Nutritional facts about coconut
Find all the information here: 5 Impressive Benefits of Coconut
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store
2 thoughts on “Easy 20 Minutes Date Rolls with Coconut”
I love dates AND coconut! I think I could make this with vegan butter and gluten free flour.
Hi Cindy. I am sure you will be able to veganisme this recipe. Please let me know how it turned out by sharing a rating a review when you made it. I would love to add your findings and if possible a picture to the post with your vegan version. Thanks in advance