An easy and delicious Eggless Chocolate Cake that will be perfect for coffee time.
Chocolate cake or chocolate gâteau is a cake flavored with melted chocolate, cocoa powder, or both.
Why is my chocolate cake not moist?
The ratio of wet to dry ingredients determines a cake’s moisture level. If there’s simply too much flour and not enough butter, a cake will taste dry. On the other hand, if there’s too much milk and not enough flour, a cake will taste too wet. Finding the right balance between wet and dry ingredients is key.
- 1 cup cake flour.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 6 tbsp. cocoa powder.
- 3/4 cup castor sugar.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil.
- 1/4 cup coffee (1x tsp coffee mixed in 1/4 x cup boiling water.)
- 1/4 cup milk.
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, for 10 minutes before baking.
- Grease the cake tin and leave it aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, castor sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Make a well and add the wet ingredients one by one.
- Mix well, until everything is well combined,
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and tap a couple of times, to remove the air bubbled.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.IMG_3732
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool decorate the cake.
Ingredients for chocolate icing
- 100g Rama margarine.
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder.
- 1 cup icing sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 3 tbsp. hot water.
- Combine the margarine and cocoa powder.
- Add the hot water and mix well.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix well, till everything is combined and ice to your heart’s content
Posted by: Bobby
Some more Recipes you should check out
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!