This Fresh Broccoli Bacon Salad is a meal on its own or a very flavorful side dish. And it’s definitely even better the next day!
I love broccoli! It’s a great source of vitamin C (a cup of broccoli contains as much vitamin C as an orange) and other essential nutrients. It’s also a versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed raw, steamed, stir-fried, roasted, and more. The flavor of broccoli is mild and slightly sweet, and it pairs well with many other flavors.
Fresh Broccoli Bacon Salad
It’s a meal on its own or a very flavorful side dish. And it’s definitely even better the next day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Easy
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and cut the onion into thin bite-size slices.
- Combine with the bacon, raisins, and your favorite nuts, and mix well.
- To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together until smooth.
- Stir into the salad, let chill, and serve.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea Smit from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 682
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 497.7 mg
- Fat: 61.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 39.7 mg
Keywords: Broccoli, Bacon