Gnocchi Potato Dumplings is an Italian pasta made with potatoes, eggs, and flour.
Gnocchi Potato Dumplings
Hot, fluffy, and irresistibly delicious, our Gnocchi Potato Dumplings are a treat for your tastebuds! Each bite is a delightful explosion of flavor that will leave you craving for more. Perfect for family dinners or a cozy date night! So why wait? Get cooking now and let your culinary adventure begin!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Resting Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Moderate
- Cuisine: Italian
- Boil the potatoes in salted water.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, measure 1 cup of boiled potatoes.
- Smash the boiled potatoes with a fork.
- Add the seasoning.
- Add the flour and beaten egg to the potatoes. Mix well.
- Turn it out onto a floured surface and work until it forms a soft dough.
- Cover in cling wrap and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into 4 pieces and roll each piece into a long rope.
- Cut into small pieces and roll in flour. I used a fork to make ridges on the pieces. (Roll a piece of the dough onto the tines of a fork), this helps the sauce to stick.
- Boil in salted water. When the gnocchi floats then remove and drop into your favorite sauce.
- I used my pesto and freshly grated parmesan. Garnish, serve, and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 615.9 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.7 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
- Cholesterol: 46.5 mg
Keywords: Gnocchi; Potato Dumplings
A final thought on Gnocchi
So, as you savor a plate of tender potato gnocchi today, remember the chefs of yesteryears who, with passion and playfulness, turned a humble tuber into a culinary masterpiece. Let this dish remind you that the most extraordinary things often come from the simplest of beginnings and that every bite can be a little taste of love and happiness.
Background history on the humble beginnings of Gnocchi
In the heart of Italy, potato gnocchi came to life in the 18th century. This culinary delight was born out of a need for creativity with the introduction of potatoes to the European diet. It’s a dish that embodies the warmth and inventiveness of Italian cooking, where fluffy potato dumplings are lovingly crafted, creating a canvas for a world of delicious sauces. Potato gnocchi is a celebration of the simple and the extraordinary, a reminder that the most humble ingredients can turn into something truly magical when mixed with passion and a dash of Italian flair. Enjoy your meal!
We shared this recipe with Homestead Blog Hop 473
Thanks for dropping in, we hope you love this recipe!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.