One of the new go-to Chicken recipes is this Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes which is so super delicious and awesome.
Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon.
- 1 kg skin-on, chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp chicken spice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered (or cut into wedges)
- ⅔ cup chicken stock, plus splash to deglaze pan
- chopped fresh oregano for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Lightly oil a large roasting pan with olive oil.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl.
- Season with salt, oregano, pepper, rosemary, chicken spice, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Add half the lemon juice, half the olive oil, and half the garlic.
- Steam potatoes in the microwave for 7 minutes (I added a pinch of turmeric) then place potatoes in a bowl with the chicken; stir together until chicken and potatoes are evenly coated with the marinade.
- Transfer chicken pieces, skin side up, to prepared roasting pan, reserving marinade.
- Distribute potato pieces among chicken.
- Add remaining, juice, oil, and garlic over chicken and potatoes.
- Drizzle with 2/3 cup chicken.
- Spoon the remainder of the marinade over chicken and potatoes.
- Tip. Sprinkle semolina over potatoes for crispier potatoes.
- Place in preheated oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Tossing chicken and potatoes, keeping chicken skin side up every 20 minutes.
- Continue baking until chicken is browned and cooked and potatoes tender and cooked through.
- Set oven to grill or highest heat setting.
- Toss once again in pan juices.
- Place pan under grill and grill until crispy about 5 minutes.
- Remove to a serving platter.
- Place roasting pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add a splash of broth and stir up browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Strain; spoon juices over chicken and potatoes.
- Top with chopped oregano.
- Optional sprinkle crumbled feta over chicken and potatoes the last 15 minutes of baking. I forgot and sprinkled before serving
- Note: don't be tempted to thicken the juice with corn starch slurry leave juices as it is amazing.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie Kramar from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 882Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 37gCholesterol 293mgSodium 1242mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 71g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
More Chicken Recipes
Looking for a different Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes recipe?
I suggest you have a look at this one from All Recipes
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store