The best ever, easy and delicious Homemade Chili Cheese Dogs you will find and so much better than storebought. Make it at home and enjoy!
A chili dog is a hot dog served in a bun and topped with a meat sauce, such as chili con carne. Additional toppings may include cheese, onions, and mustard.
How spicy is a chili dog?
Not necessarily. Contrary to popular belief chili dogs aren’t spicy. The chili in the name refers to the chili con carne which goes on top of the hot dog and not to the amount of spice
Homemade Chili Cheese Dogs
Do yourself a favor and visit and read: The Mysterious Origins Of The Chili Dog.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Chili Dogs 1x
- Category: Everyday Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 300–400g Minced Beef/Lamb
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Oregano
- 1 cup Pureed Tomatoes
- Grated Pepper Jack/ Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Spring Onion (topping)
- Chopped Red Onion (topping)
- Chopped Dill Pickles (topping)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown the meat in a pan breaking it up with a fork.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook till soft.
- Pour in the tomatoes, add all the spices and allow it to cook for about 15-20 minutes until it thickens.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on the roll, spoon on chili, and lay the Vienna over.
- Spoon on more chili, top with extra cheese then sprinkle on the toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes- SaffasDaily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 81763
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 27557
- Fat: 5218
- Saturated Fat: 1968
- Unsaturated Fat: 2446
- Trans Fat: 226
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 8110
- Cholesterol: 26734
Keywords: Chili Dogs
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!