You may ask me how long to cook Asian Meatballs in Air Fryer. Also, can you make Meatballs in an Air Fryer?
I suggest that you then follow this Air Fried Asian Meatballs With Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe and you will have all your answers as to how long to cook Asian Meatballs in Air Fryer.
Air-Frying: Is It As Healthy As You Think?
If you know someone who swears by their air fryer, you may be tempted to get one to give it a shot.
Recipes you should check out
I decided to try out my Asian Meatballs in the Air Fryer. Nice and moist and added potato wedges as well.
- 600 g pork (you can use beef)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Thumb-sized grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine (can omit)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic/ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1–2 red chili, sliced
- 1 heaped tsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp (sesame) oil (any)
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. water
Crispy Potato Wedges
- Mix all together and use a scoop to form uniform size meatballs and set aside for half an hour.
- Preheat Air Fryer.
- Air Fry at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- No need to flip.
Chili Sweet and Sour Sauce
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, vinegar, sweet chili sauce, tomato sauce, and
- Heat oil, add chili and ginger garlic paste.
- Stir till fragrant.
- Add the mixture to the bowl and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and the cornstarch slurry (cornstarch and water) and allow to thicken.
- Pour over meatballs and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1038
- Sugar: 22
- Sodium: 3020
- Fat: 46
- Saturated Fat: 14
- Unsaturated Fat: 24
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 88
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 68
- Cholesterol: 229
Keywords: Asian Meatballs
Is it worth getting an Airfryer?
Air fryers make it easy to whip up frozen foods, and they can do so in a way that is slightly healthier than deep-frying. The results are much better than oven-frying, and your kitchen stays cool.
Air-frying also produces high temperatures at a very rapid rate, thus making it extremely easy to burn food. And charred food may be carcinogenic. In addition, because most devices cook 1 to 3 pounds of food at a time, it can be challenging to air-fry meals for a large family.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.