How to Make Coconut Ice with only 6 ingredients A little sweetness at home – delicious and so tempting with a chocolate flavor.
Why is it coconut ice?
It was originally created in Britain but is popular in New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa. The name is thought to have come from the appearance of the white looking like ice. You can also find this in the USA but under the name of Neapolitan Coconut with the addition of a chocolate layer!
I think Coconut Ice is a delicious treat! It is a great snack or dessert and this one is not the typical pink and white, but made with cocoa. It’s also a great way to get a bit of healthy coconut into your diet.
- Line a 24 cm baking tin with parchment paper and grease with a little butter.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl except the last two listed, (**cocoa and milk).
- Stir well until all is incorporated.
- Halve the mixture and spread it out flat and evenly in the tin using your hands.
- Add cocoa and milk to the other half of the mixture.
- Stir well to combine then layer this over the white layer in the tin.
- You can also use a few drops of food coloring of your choice for the second layer.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Once set, cut into bite-sized squares using a knife dipped in boiling water and wiped dry.
- 36 squares depending on the size.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Sodium: 4.4 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
Keywords: Coconut Ice
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.