Make this Italian Wedding Soup with homemade meatballs, colorful vegetables, spinach, and orzo pasta that will be loved by the whole family.
Wedding soup or Italian wedding soup is an Italian soup consisting of green vegetables and meat. It is popular in the United States, where it is a staple in many Italian restaurants
- 500g Ground Meat
- ½ Cup (125 ml) Breadcrumbs
- ½ Cup (125 ml) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp. (5 ml) Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp. (5 ml) Dried Parsley
- 2-3 Tbsp. (25-37.5 ml) Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 2 Stalks Celery (diced)
- 2 Large Carrots (diced)
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Bag Baby Spinach
- 1 liter of Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Orzo (uncooked)
- 1 Bunch Dill (chopped)
- Extra Parmesan (garnish)
- Combine all the meatball ingredients together and shape.
- Heat olive oil and brown meatballs.
- Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook till soft.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add in the pasta and meatballs and cook till pasta is tender and meatballs are fully cooked.
- Stir in the spinach and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with parmesan and enjoy!!
- Usually made with a mix of beef & pork but you could use your choice of ground meat.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 338Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 106mgSodium 703mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 25g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Copyright © 2022 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.