Come and try out this delicious Lemon Chicken with Green Beans for your next evening meal!
I promise you, it’s a quick and easy meal that is sure to please the whole family and make everyone happy. Let’s get cooking now!
Why not try out this delicious Lemon Chicken with Green Beans tonight? All you need is a few simple ingredients and it’s ready in record time. Serve it with Sautéed Green Beans and you can enjoy a healthy, flavorful meal that is sure to satisfy everyone at the table.
- 6 chicken thighs (on the bone with the skin left on)
- 2 level tablespoons of lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs (I used a mix of Basil, Parsley, Dill, Oregano, Sage, Thyme, and Rosemary)
- 1″ cube of fresh ginger finely chopped
- a dash of Salt to taste
- a dash of Pepper to taste
- Place the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, herbs, ginger, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix together to make the marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces in a freezer bag and add the marinade.
- Ensure your chicken pieces are fully coated with the marinade, seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- When ready to cook put the chicken thighs in an oven-proof dish with the skin facing up, keeping the remainder of the marinade for basting the chicken later.
- Place in a preheated oven at 425°F/220°C for 20 minutes and then baste with the remaining marinade.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- While preparing your Sautéed beans (for the last ±15-20 minutes), take the lid off the chicken dish and leave it in the oven to roast.
- Garnish with slices of lemon, if you prefer, although I did not do it.
Sautéed Green Beans
- Add a very small drop of VOO (Virgin Olive Oil) to the pan with approximately 25 ml water and simmer green beans for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Remove from heat, and drain the beans.
- Drop the beans in ice-cold water to stop the cooking process and retain color.
- Fry the garlic and shallots in the same pan and if needed add a drop or more of the water in which you have the beans to the pan.
- After three minutes add the beans (without the water) and continue cooking for three more minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and stir in lemon zest just before serving.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (Blogger and Owner) The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 2 pieces of chicken
- Calories: 653
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 572 mg
- Fat: 41.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 70.3 g
- Cholesterol: 381.4 mg
Keywords: Lemon, Chicken, Green Beans
Why not try this Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes as well?
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.