I baked this very light and fluffy sponge cake for a little girl’s birthday. It was a hit and devoured in record time.
Replacing Butter With Oil
Depending on the type of oil, it can add complex flavor and welcome moisture to your baked goods. A good rule of thumb is to replace about 3/4 of the butter in a recipe with olive, canola, or vegetable oil (if the recipe calls for 1 cup butter, use ¾ cup oil). Read more here.
- 4 eggs
- 260 grams caster sugar
- 280 grams flour
- 250 ml milk
- 100 grams butter
- 5 ml baking powder
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the oven: 180°C / 350°F
- Beat the sugar and the four eggs together until light and soft.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Heat the milk and butter, but don't let it boil.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt to the egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add the butter and milk mixture.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Use two baking tins (Spray it with cooking spray).
- Divide the mixture evenly between the baking tins.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Decorate creatively.
Prepared, tried, and tested Davida De Bruyn from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 264Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 82mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 5g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Sponge Cake recipes
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.