Perfectly Low Carb Craisin Walnut Muffins with some sweetness, and delicious right out of the oven.
A nice healthy muffin to start off your day. These craisin and walnut muffins were enjoyed by all in my home this morning.
- 3 eggs
- 1 apple peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup of craisins (raisins/sultanas/currents can b used)
- 1/3 cup walnuts broken roughly
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup of xylitol syrup ***
- 3 tbsp xylitol/sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil melted
- 1 Tblspn of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 Tblspn psyllium husk (optional)
- A crack of Himalayan pink salt
- Combine the grated apple, eggs, oil, syrup, xylitol, and milk together, whisking to dissolve the xylitol.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the craisins and walnuts.
- Mix to combine well. Leave the batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the craisins and walnuts.
- Scoop spoonfuls into greased muffin tins and bake at 200 till the tops are firm to the touch.
- Makes about 8 depending on the size of your muffin tin.
***See recipe for Xylitol syrup
Prepared tried and tested by Caashifa Adams Youn