You should try this easy Homemade Naartjie Mandarin Jam Recipe. Save this as it that will come in very handy when mandarins are in abundance.
Citrus unshiu is a semi-seedless and easy-peeling citrus species, also known as miyagawa mandarin, unshu mikan, cold hardy mandarin, satsuma mandarin, satsuma orange, naartjie, and tangerine. Citrus unshiu was named after Unshu, a famous production area of mandarin oranges in China, in the late Edo period of Japan
Homemade Naartjie Mandarin Jam
Naartjie Mandarin Jam has a unique, brilliantly fresh flavor that works exceptionally well with all kinds of toast, croissants, scones, and biscuits.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Resting Time: 720 minutes
- Cook Time: 180 minutes
- Total Time: 15 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 bottles 1x
- Method: Moderate
- 600 g peel, finely sliced
- 200ml juice and pulp of the fruit
- 300 g sugar
- Star anise, 4
- Clove 4
- Pinch salt
- Allow fruit, peel, and sugar to stand overnight.
- Place the pot on the stove on the lowest setting and allow the sugar to liquefy.
- Stir well and turn up the heat to a medium setting.
- Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer until about half the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and decant into sterilized jars.
- I like to add a cap full of brandy to the surface of the jam before sealing. This acts as a disinfectant and preservative.
- Allow cooling and label.
- Enjoy with toast and cottage cheese.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Dee from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 2 teaspoons
- Calories: 34
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 53.1 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
We linked up to Craftastic Monday Link Party
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!