No Yeast Cinnamon Bread. An easy, simple, and perfect no Yeast Cinnamon Bread can be on your table soon when you try this recipe
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt, or sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar ( I used muscovado unrefined sugar )
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 teaspoons cream or milk (as needed for consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Butter or spray a glass loaf tin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, yogurt, or sour cream.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring with a spoon just until combined. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir the Swirl ingredients together.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto the top of the bread; then use a knife to swirl it a couple of times into the batter. (Don’t overmix it).
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until the center tests were done with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
- Remove bread from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make Glaze: by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth until drizzling consistency is reached.
- When the bread is completely cool, drizzle with glaze. Recipe: Rob Mac
Tried and Tested, Baked and Posted by Gail Haselsteiner