Petit Fours Small Small Bite-sized Cake Blocks or mini cakes are made in a 6-inch cake pan-perfect or can be cut into small blocks
A petit four is a small bite-sized confectionery or savory appetizer. The name is French, petit four, meaning “small oven”.Print
Petit fours are small bite-sized Confectionary served after a meal.
- 5 xl eggs
- 1 cup sugar beat well add
- 100ml oil
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 cups Self Raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mix sugar and eggs and beat well until fluffy and creamy
- Add oil, water and vanilla essence and mix through.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder,
- Add to the previous mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a parchment-lined oven tray and bake for 20 minutes and 180C / 350F
- Test with a cake tester and when it comes out clean, remove it from the oven.
- Let it cool off and cut into small squares.
- Melt some jam and a little water and dip each square in this mixture.
- Place some fine coconut in a separate bowl and once you dipped the squares, roll the sides in fine coconut to coat.
- Whop fresh cream to stiff peaks and pipe the top and any fruit filling of your choice.
- Lastly, drizzle with melted chocolate.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 block
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 16.8 g
- Sodium: 280.2 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 77.5 mg
Keywords: Petit Fours
Looking for an awesome Recipe, please visit our Shop as we have wonderful Recipe eBooks ready for you!