Delightful and tasty Poached eggs with homemade Hollandaise sauce
Ingredients for an easy and delicious Poached Egg with homemade Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup butter or ghee – for more for a thinner consistency, melted and hot
Hi, have you joined us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group as yet? I hope to see you there soon
Either click on the link or the below image
Have you ever tried to make Poached Egg in the Microwave?
Melt the butter in a microwave (make sure it’s covered as it will splatter) for about 1 minute, until it’s hot. Alternatively, you could heat it on the stove.
Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon, salt, and cayenne pepper into a high powered blender and blend for 5 seconds until combined.
Add the melted butter and blend until the mixture emulsifies.
Pour the hollandaise sauce into a small bowl and serve while warm.
I substituted the Djon with Honey Mustard Mayo substituted the cayenne with 1/8 tsp of sweet paprika.
I used a Nutri bullet to blend it.
Are Your Eggs Fresh? Here’s How to Test Eggs for Freshness
- Place the egg in a bowl of water.
- If the egg lays on its side at the bottom, it is still quite fresh.
- Should it stand upright on the bottom, it is still fine to eat but should be eaten very soon, or hard-boiled.
- Lastly, if the egg floats to the top, it’s past its prime, and not good for eating.
Prepared, tried and tested Faaiza Holmes
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare