These yummy Rocky Road Bars are called rocky roads because the marshmallows make them lumpy and bumpy, just like a “rocky” road.
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- Liberal pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (or more!)
- 18oz dark chocolate
- About 7 tablespoons of butter
- 2-3 tablespoons golden syrup
- Whisk the crust’s dry ingredients together, then combine with melted butter and press into a 9×13″ pan with high sides (at least 2″).
- Bake for 15 minutes at 325°F and set aside to cool completely.
- Then melt the chocolate, butter, and syrup together and allow it to cool slightly.
- Mix the marshmallows in when it’s cool enough not to melt them.
- Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and press it evenly in the pan.
- Chill in the fridge until set and then cut into squares.
- The dark chocolate makes for a stunning combination of rich, sweet, bitter, and decadence!
- If making this for kids, use milk chocolate or at the very least add more sugar.
- This version is not very sweet at all (my kids actually like dark chocolate better, but I’m sure that’s not usually the case!).
Source: Made it up
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit