Sesame Chicken Stir-Fried Vegetables
A lovely refreshing flavourful dish that doesn’t take long to prepare and only minutes to cook.
Chicken & Marinade
- 500gr chicken thighs(chopped)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp 5 spice powder
- 3 dashes of white pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- (Whisk together in a measuring jug)
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Chinese salt (ordinary salt – fine)
- Peanut Oil
- Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (for garnish)
Stir Fry Vegetables
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ each red, yellow, and green pepper
- ½ cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 50 gr bean sprouts
Method for Sesame Chicken Stir-Fried Vegetables
- Slice the chicken thighs into large thin slices.
- Add the marinade ingredients and coat well.
- Set aside while you prep your veggies.
- Cut the red onion and peppers into chunks.
- Heat wok and add 1 tbsp peanut oil and 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Add onions, pepper, and a pinch of salt, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add zucchini and broccoli with a pinch of salt and fry for 1 minute and add to onion and peppers.
- Add bean sprouts and fry for 1 minute, remove, and add to veggies.
- Also, add 1 tbsp oil to a wok and add chicken.
- Without moving let it cook on one side and then turn it over (as best you can).
- Make a hole in the center, add garlic and ginger, and then mix it through the chicken.
- Make a well in the center of the chicken, add the sauce, and allow it to bubble before mixing the chicken through.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter and arrange the chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. You can serve it with steamed white rice or noodles.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
More lovely and yummy Sesame Chicken dishes
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.