Sesame Chicken Stir-Fried Vegetables
A lovely refreshing flavourful dish which doesn’t take long to prepare and only minutes to cook.
Chicken & Marinade
- 500gr chicken thighs(chopped)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp 5 spice powder
- 3 dashes of white pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
Sesame Chicken Stir-Fried Vegetables: A lovely refreshing flavorful dish which doesn’t take long to prepare and only minutes to cook. Full recipe on the blog: https://esmesalon.com/sesame-chicken-stir-fried-vegetables/ Click To Tweet
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- (Whisk together in a measuring jug)
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Chinese salt (ordinary salt – fine)
- Peanut Oil
- Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (for garnish)
Stir Fry Vegetables
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ each red, yellow and green pepper
- ½ cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 50 gr bean sprouts
Method for Sesame Chicken Stir-Fried Vegetables
- Slice the chicken thighs into large thin slices.
- Add the marinade ingredients and coat well.
- Set aside while you prep your veggies.
- Cut the red onion and peppers in chunks.
- Heat wok and add 1 tbsp peanut oil and 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Add onions and pepper and a pinch of salt and fry 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add zucchini and broccoli with a pinch of salt and fry 1 minute and add to onion and peppers.
- Add bean sprouts and fry 1 minute and remove and add to veggies.
- Also, add 1 tbsp oil to a wok and add chicken.
- Without moving let it cook on one side and then turn over (as best you can).
- Make a hole in the center and add garlic and ginger and then mix it through the chicken.
- Make a well in the center of the chicken and add the sauce and allow it to bubble before mixing the chicken through.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter and arrange chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. You can serve with steamed white rice or noodles.
For a kick, you can add fresh chili when you add your garlic and ginger.
I serve with a Chinese chili sauce of fresh chili, soy sauce and a drop of sesame oil)
Prepared, tried and tested Melanie Kramar
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
More lovely and yummy Sesame Chicken dishes