This Spicy Bacon and Sausage Cream Soup is absolutely perfect for wintertime
Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm or hot that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, milk, or water.
- 5 cups of Wally’s Homemade Chicken Feet Stock, or store-bought.
- 1 med onion, diced
- 2 rashers of bacon, thick cut and sliced 1 inch apart.
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced.
- 6 oz mild ground Italian sausage, rolled into 1/2″ balls.
- 2 med potatoes, peeled and cubed to 1/2″.
- 3 kale leaves, ribs removed, and coarsely chopped.
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, to be added only before serving.
Makes 4 servings
- In a nonstick skillet, first lightly fry the bacon strips and remove them to the side.
- Repeat individually with the onion and garlic – sautéed.
- Remove to the side.
- Finally, lightly brown the sausage and remove it. Discard the fats.
- Place all cooked Ingredients in a 3-quart pot.
- Add chicken stock, red pepper, salt, and black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hrs.
- Add kale and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream, stir and serve immediately.
- Serve with garlic bread
- Tried and tested, enjoy.
Make this 15 minutes before serving
- 4 large slices of sourdough round, or bread of your choice.
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- 6 large tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- Add oil to a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and garlic.
- Mix together well then spread on the bread.
- Place bread directly on an oven rack above a drip tray, 3 to 4 inches from broil, and broil until the edges of the bread turn brown. Do not burn!
- Serve with soup
Submitted by Paul
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.