This Spicy Bacon and Sausage Cream Soup is absolutely perfect for wintertime
Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm or hot that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, milk, or water.
Spicy Bacon and Sausage Cream Soup
The savory flavors of the bacon and sausage combined with the creamy texture of the soup make for a comforting meal that is sure to satisfy. The addition of spices such as paprika, cumin, or chili powder adds a nice depth of flavor to the soup, making it even more enjoyable.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 135 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Soups, Stews, and Chili
- Method: Easy
- 5 cups of Homemade Chicken Feet Stock, or store-bought.
- 1 med onion, diced
- 2 rashers of bacon, thick cut and sliced 1 inch apart.
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced.
- 6 oz mild ground Italian sausage, rolled into 1/2″ balls.
- 2 med potatoes, peeled and cubed to 1/2″.
- 3 kale leaves, ribs removed, and coarsely chopped.
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, to be added only before serving.
- In a nonstick skillet, first lightly fry the bacon strips and remove them to the side.
- Repeat individually with the onion and garlic – sautéed.
- Remove to the side.
- Finally, lightly brown the sausage and remove it. Discard the fats.
- Place all cooked ingredients in a 3-quart pot.
- Add chicken stock, red pepper, salt, and black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hrs.
- Add kale and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream, stir, and serve immediately.
- Serve with garlic bread.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Wally from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 570
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 683.3 mg
- Fat: 31.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 67.9 g
- Fiber: 26.1 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
Keywords: Bacon, Sausage, Soup