This Stuffed Cottage Cheese Spinach Chicken Thighs are Easy, tasty, and filling as it’s rich, and creamy but super delicious!
Cottage cheese is a curdled milk product with a mild flavor and a creamy, non-homogeneous, soupy texture. It is made from skimmed milk, by draining curds — retaining some of the whey and keeping the curds loose. An important step in the manufacturing process distinguishing cottage cheese from other fresh cheeses is the addition of a “dressing” to the curd grains, usually cream, which is largely responsible for the taste of the product. Cottage cheese is not aged.
Cottage cheese can be low in calories compared to other types of cheese, making it popular among dieters and some health devotees, similar to yogurt. It can be used with a wide variety of foods such as yogurt, fruit, toast, and granola, in salads, as a dip, and as a replacement for mayonnaise.
Easy, tasty, and filling as it’s rich, and creamy but super delicious!
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless
- 5 ml salt
- 2.5 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ml paprika
- 250 g cottage cheese (I opted for cream cheese)
- 25 g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 50 g cubed feta cheese
- 250 ml chopped fresh baby spinach
- 62.5 ml chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 12.5 ml VOO for baking
- Turn on your oven (I used convection) at 350F / 180C.
- In a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, cubed feta cheese, chopped baby spinach, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes with a spoon to form a paste.
- Use two deboned thighs per serving. You can do skinless although we preferred it with, the skin so left the skin.
- Divide the cheese mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place one thigh skin down on a plate, spoon one portion of the cheese mixture on the chicken, and shape it the size of the chicken.
- Now place the second thigh skin side up over the cheese and use toothpicks to keep the two pieces of thigh together and form a chicken parcel.
- Continue and form 4 parcels and then sprinkle the outside with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Use a large oven pan, lightly cover the bottom with VOO and then space the parcels in the pan (do not crowd them).
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until done and golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with rice and a salad as per your preference.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 854
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 1438
- Fat: 63
- Saturated Fat: 26
- Unsaturated Fat: 34
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 69
- Cholesterol: 412
Keywords: Cottage Cheese Spinach Chicken Thighs
More Chicken Thighs recipes to choose from
- Zesty Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- 21 Budget-Friendly Chicken Recipes
- Soy Garlic Chicken Marinade for Grilling
This post was added to the following link parties: