Succulent Saucy Steak is the best way to end a busy day.
A steak, also sometimes called “beef steak”, is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. It is normally grilled, though it can also be pan-fried. Steak can also be cooked in sauce, such as in steak and kidney pie, or minced and formed into patties, such as hamburgers.
- 1kg tenderized steak, washed and dried
- 1 onion, halved, then sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp Portuguese spice
- 1 tsp Rustenburg’s 10-in-1 versatile spice
- 1 tsp Aminas steak & chops marinade
- 1 tsp Cajun spice
- 1 tsp crushed chilies
- 1 tsp BBQ spice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Spring onion and fresh chili for garnish
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp Mrs. Balls Chutney
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Cut the steaks to roughly the size of your palm.
- Make a paste of all the marinade ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Rub into steaks and set aside.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a glass jug and whisk well.
- Heat ghee and olive oil.
- Add onions and fry for a minute or so.
- Add the steaks and fry for about 2 minutes aside.
- Add the sauce and cover with a lid.
- Lower heat and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Tenderized steaks cook quick.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie Kramerd Melanie Kramar
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!