As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Succulent Saucy Steak is the best way to end a busy day.
A steak, also sometimes called “beef steak”, is a meat generally sliced across the muscle fibers, potentially including a bone. It is normally grilled, though it can also be pan-fried. Steak can also be cooked in sauce, such as in steak and kidney pie, or minced and formed into patties, such as hamburgers.
- 1kg tenderized steak, washed and dried
- 1 onion, halved, then sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic/ginger paste
- 1 tsp Portuguese spice
- 1 tsp Rustenburg’s 10-in-1 versatile spice
- 1 tsp Aminas steak & chops marinade
- 1 tsp Cajun spice
- 1 tsp crushed chilies
- 1 tsp BBQ spice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Spring onion and fresh chili for garnish
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp Mrs. Balls Chutney
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Cut the steaks to roughly the size of your palm.
- Make a paste of all the marinade ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Rub into steaks and set aside.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a glass jug and whisk well.
- Heat ghee and olive oil.
- Add onions and fry for a minute or so.
- Add the steaks and fry for about 2 minutes aside.
- Add the sauce and cover with a lid.
- Lower heat and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Tenderized steaks cook quick.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie Kramerd Melanie Kramar
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.