As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Perfect for a Rainy day! Do try out this Succulent Tasty Beef Stew and you will not be disappointed.
Are you craving a warm, hearty meal? Get ready to indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience! Try it out at home and let your taste buds embark on a delicious adventure. Happy Cooking!
Succulent Tasty Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: South African
- ±1.1kg boneless cubed beef stew meat
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or if you have fresh, 1 tablespoon leaves)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 medium sliced carrots **
- 1–2 teaspoons corn starch / Maiziena. You can even use Bisto if you prefer.
- 1 cup of raw rice
- In a large pot, add the first 9 ingredients
- Cook for 1-1½ hours on medium heat
- About 15-20 minutes before done, add the carrots **
- About 5 minutes before serving mix the cornstarch with some warm liquid and whisk, ensuring no lumps are visible.
- Add to the pot and cook through, just to thicken it up a bit.
- Serve with rice.
- **If you did not use carrots in the stew, serve with any vegetables of your choice.
Loosely based on a recipe by Dukan
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (Blogger & Owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs, SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes, and EsmeSalon Homemade Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 547
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 362.1 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.4 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 64.9 g
- Cholesterol: 181.5 mg
Keywords: Beef Stew, stew, beef, carrots, beef stew and rice
We take pride in participating in various weekly and monthly Linky Parties where our content is showcased.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
4 thoughts on “Succulent Tasty Beef Stew”
Reblogged this on Die Erste Eslarner Zeitung – Aus und über Eslarn, sowie die bayerisch-tschechische Region!.
Thanks, still had some for lunch at work today!
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.
Thanks so much, you’re the best