Today was a typical Sunday Lunch Roast Sirloin Pork, with roast potatoes, and sweet pumpkin.
Tender and juicy pork roast for your family with all the trimming for a glorious and unforgettable Sunday Lunch.
How long do you cook pork roast per pound?
The rule of thumb for pork roasts is to cook them 25 minutes per pound of meat at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Use a thermometer to read the internal temperature of the roast.
How long to cook a pork roast?
With a little know-how, you and your family can enjoy succulent, tender meat and crispy rind at any time of year. Learn how to cook a pork roast with this easy recipe.
Sunday Lunch Roast Sirloin Pork
A delicious and homey Sunday Lunch Roast Sirloin Pork. Today was a typical Sunday lunch of roast Sirloin Pork, roast potatoes, and sweet pumpkin.
- Prep Time: 1 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch Recipes
- 1.5kg sirloin pork roast
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. semolina
- 4 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 pieces stick cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- A sprinkle of cinnamon powder
- A sprinkle of white pepper
- Make slits in pork and add garlic slivers.
- Rub the emulsified mixture into flesh only.
- Brush top with vinegar and sprinkle with coarse salt and drizzle with oil.
- Place in the baking tray with a quartered onion and 1 cup chicken stock and place in preheated oven at 200 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove pork and place pan on the stove.
- I thickened with Bisto gravy.
- Add just enough oil to emulsify all ingredients together.
- Parbarloiled till tender, drain in a colander.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and shake to coat.
- Halfway through pork is cooking add oil to a baking dish and add to lower rack to heat.
- Once heated, remove and add potatoes to the lower rack.
- Once the pork is done, remove pork to rest, turn potatoes and move to the top rack to brown.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1087
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 880
- Fat: 54
- Saturated Fat: 23
- Unsaturated Fat: 24
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 57
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 92
- Cholesterol: 310
Keywords: Roast Sirloin Pork
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!