As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Super soft Vanilla Cupcakes with a Marshmallow fluff topping & and drizzled with melted Chocolate / Sweetie Pie Cupcakes.
What is Sweetie Pie made of?
Sweetie Pies are by the Beyers brand which is whipped crème on a wafer biscuit, covered in chocolate & the Cutie Pies are by the Woolworths brand which is vanilla marshmallows on a wafer biscuit, covered in chocolate. These treats are so delicious & remind me of the Chocolate Log, just in a different shape.
Other Recipes with Marshmallow as an ingredient
- Delicious Butterscotch Squares with Coconut and Marshmallows
- Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream No-Churn
- Authentic Ambrosia Dessert for Christmas Time
Sweetie Pie Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Dipping Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: ± 30 cupcakes
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Cuisine: South African
Super soft Vanilla Cupcakes with a Marshmallow fluff topping & and drizzled with melted Chocolate / Sweetie Pie Cupcakes
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Super Soft Cupcakes
- 4 XL or Jumbo eggs (separated
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup Maizena
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. plain double cream yogurt
- In a dry stainless-steel bowl, add your egg whites.
- Place it on a pot or double boiler with boiling water, making sure the bowl is not touching the water, and keep the pot on the stove on low heat.
- Start whisking the eggs by hand, add the sugar, and continue to beat until the egg whites are warm and the sugar is dissolved.
- It would be best if you stirred only until the eggs were warm. Otherwise, you will cook it.
- Take it off the heat and use an electric handheld beater or electric stand mixer to start beating and add the vanilla and cream of tartar.
- Beat continuously for about 10 – 15 minutes until the frosting is nice and fluffy.
- Use immediately.
- Pipe with a round nozzle.
- Leave it in the fridge to get a bit cold then drizzle melted chocolate over it or dip it in melted chocolate.
- A real Sweety Pie treat with a spongy center.
Super Soft Cupcakes
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Add castor sugar a little at a time until all is used and there are no more granules.
- Mix the yolks, vanilla, oil, yogurt, and boiling water.
- Add it to the egg whites & mix it well, beating slowly.
- Sift the flour, Maizena & baking powder
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in 3 batches on low speed until smooth.
- Pour into cupcake cases or into edible cupcake cases and bake @ 180°C / 350F for +-15 minutes or till the cake tester comes out clean.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Monowara from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 5244
- Sugar: 40
- Sodium: 87
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 10
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1086
- Fiber: 37
- Protein: 145
- Cholesterol: 60
Keywords: Sweetie Pie
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.