Tasty Vegan Chocolate Cake.
A rich and fudgy, Tasty Vegan Chocolate Cake, the best vegan cake I have ever had!
Vegan Chocolate Cakes
- 550 g Self Raising Flour (I did not have enough Self Raising Flour in hand, so I used 400g Self Raising Flour and added 150g Regular Cake flour plus 1 tsp of baking powder)
- 125 g Cocoa Powder
- 450 g Brown Sugar in the Raw (I did not have enough Brown Sugar in the Raw, so I used 300g Brown Sugar in the Raw and added 150g white Berry Sugar)
- 600 ml Earth’s Own So Fresh Almond Milk (any other Dairy Free Milk should also work)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 265 ml Virgin Olive Oil (VOO)
- 1½ tbsp White Vinegar
Vegan Chocolate Frosting
- 300 g Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 500 g Icing Sugar
- 275 g Semi-Sweet Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks or Vegan dairy-free Carob chips (Read the label as some may contain dairy)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F
- Line 3 x 8″ cake tins with parchment paper. (I used 2 x 10” tins)
- In a large bowl, add your Flour, Sugar and Cocoa Powder.
- Whisk these dry ingredients together until evenly mixed and no visible lumps insight.
- Pour in the milk, vanilla, oil as well as the vinegar.
- Gently mix with a spatula until smooth, but Please do not to over mix
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the cake tins, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool in the tins for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Place a wire rack on top of each cake tin. Turn it upside down and voila the cake will gently drop onto the wire rack.
- Now leave it to cool down fully. Handle gently as they can break easily (I can attest to that) as they are very soft when still warm
- Let the cake settle down, if possible leave in the refrigerator for ½ hour or so, if you have to decorate the same day. I left mine overnight to decorate the next day, so it had enough time to settle and be completely cold.
Please join us at The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) Facebook group and share your own home-made recipes.
Either click on the link or the below image
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave dish on short intervals.
- I generally start off with 1 minute, then beat the chocolate with a metal spoon and if needed then return it to the micro for 30 seconds at a time and beat thoroughly after each session until fully melted.
- Set it aside to cool down slightly.
- In the interim whip, the Vegan spread with a metal whisk until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Add ½ of the icing sugar and all the vanilla and beat until smooth. Once done, add the rest of the icing sugar and blend properly to obtain a perfectly smooth mixture.
- Now combine it with the melted chocolate and continue to beat till well incorporated and smooth.
- As I only have two layers, I used just over a 1/3 of the frosting on the first layer.
- Then I added the top layer and spread with more icing.
- Keep enough aside icing aside for some piping or rosettes or whatever you prefer.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and nuts or whatever you prefer.
- You can store this in a sealed container for up to 3-4 days if you’re lucky to have any left.
Prepared, tried and tested Esme Slabs
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
We have lots of other Vegan Chocolate recipes – I hope you will have a look at Raw Vegan Chocolate Cake or how about Vegan chocolate cupcakes and don’t forget about the Cake Pan Release all wonderfully vegan.