Twice Cooked Soy Sauce Chicken, Chicken marinated in Soy Sauce and roasted to perfection.
Twice Cooked Soy Sauce Chicken
Mouthwatering Twice Cooked Soy Sauce Chicken, made with chicken drumsticks and cooked to absolute perfection and finger-licking good.
As per the Beastie Boys song: Yes, It’s finger lickin’, finger-lickin’ good, y’all.
You will just have to give this a try, and you can thank us later.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Category: Poultry Recipes
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1.5kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large mild red chili, sliced
- 1/3 cup spring onion, sliced into small batons
- 1/4 cup Chinese black vinegar**
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 small cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces (I pickled it beforehand)
- Roughly chopped coriander, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Prepare the drumsticks by making 3-4 deep cuts into the meaty part of each piece.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the marinade ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Place the chicken pieces onto the foil in one layer.
- Pour over any marinade left in the bowl.
- Roast for 1 hour or until dark golden brown and just cooked through.
- Just before the chicken drumsticks are ready, heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, chilli and spring onion and stir-fry for a minute.
- Then add the vinegar, soy sauce and sugar.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the drumsticks from the oven and transfer them into the pan with the sauce.
- Toss until well coated and simmer for another 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is sticky and glossy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Scatter over the cucumber and coriander.
**If you cannot find Chinese black vinegar you can substitute it with a mixture of half of the white and balsamic vinegar.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar
Recipe Courtesy of Marion Grasby
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 647
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 1270
- Fat: 31
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 18
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 68
- Cholesterol: 334
Keywords: chicken, soy sauce, Chili
Similar Recipes to this Compulsive Twice-Cooked Soy Sauce Chicken
Why not take a look and check out a variety of different Fabulous Chicken Noodle Bowl
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.