Soft, sweet, and full of jam, this Vanilla Apricot Jam Swiss Roll is easy to roll and makes for a simple yet impressive dessert!Print
Vanilla Apricot Jam Swiss Roll
Soft, sweet, and full of jam, this Vanilla Apricot Jam Swiss Roll is easy to roll and makes for a simple yet impressive dessert!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- castor sugar to roll for sugar crust
- Smooth Apricot Jam
- In a mixing bowl, mix with an electric mixer on high, castor sugar and egg yolks until creamy.
- Add vanilla essence and mix.
- Add a little bit of water to the mixture.
- In a different mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the sugar and egg mixture and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter, adding the rest of the cold water.
- Fold until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into lined greased pan and bake for 20 min at 180 degrees Celsius. 15 minutes in the Thermofan oven.
- When it’s ready to come out of the oven, prepare a kitchen cloth by sprinkling it with a layer of castor sugar.
- Tip the swiss roll face-first onto the cloth.
- Roll quickly to set form.
- Unroll when it is still warm to add your filling of Apricot jam OR Nestlè caramel treat or any other filling you like.
- Roll again and cut in desirable pieces.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel
The origins of the term are unclear. In spite of the name “Swiss roll”, the cake is believed to have originated elsewhere in Central Europe, likely in Austria. It appears to have been invented in the nineteenth century, along with Battenberg, doughnuts, and Victoria sponge.
Alternative names: Jelly roll, roll cake.
What is the difference between a Roulade and a Swiss roll?
A Swiss roll is always made up of cake being rolled with a filling, whereas a roulade can be rolled using other pastries or can even be savory with a meat filling.
How about a Rich and Decadent Chocolate Swiss Roll treat for your afternoon coffee?
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are super excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.