How to make your very own Vegan Lemon Pie With Ginger Cookie Crust
Who doesn’t love a delicious lemon tangy pie on a lazy Sunday afternoon? I know I do.
Ingredients for the base:
- 225g ginger cookies.
- 60g melted margarine.
- In a food processor, blitz the biscuits till they resemble cookie crumbs.
- Drizzle in the melted margarine and pulse until the mixture starts coming together.
- Line a greased 20cm pie dish with the mixture, and pop it into the freezer while you make the filling.
Ingredients for the condensed milk:
Method for the condensed milk:
- In your mixing bowl, mix the milk powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the water, coconut oil, and salt together.
- Pour this into the milk powder mixture and mix until well combined.
Ingredients for the pie filling:
- A batch of condensed milk.
- ½ cup lemon juice.
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- ¼ tsp lemon essence.
- 250ml of whipped cream.
- In your mixing bowl, mix the condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon essence until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Fold in the lemon zest.
- Whisk in the whipped cream.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie crust.
- Garnish with grated lemon zest.
- Pop into the fridge to set overnight.
Most pies that I have come across lately contain gelatine and gelatine is a no-go on my vegan ingredient list, and so is agar-agar powder. Well mainly agar powder, because I still have to get the feel of working with the powder.
I was searching the “Loving it Vegan,” website when I came across a recipe for an easy lemon pie with a ginger biscuit crust. I love ginger biscuit crusts, they are so easy to make and there is always a packet of ginger biscuits hiding out in the cupboard for emergencies lol.
Of course, being me, I just read the word condensed milk and I assumed I could use the store-bought ones, but when Sunday came around and I got to prepping for the pie I discovered that I would have to make my own condensed milk as the recipe asked for a batch of the stuff and not a tin, how much is a batch? No getting around that option, but all in all, making vegan condensed milk from scratch is so easy and to tell you the truth it actually tastes better than the store-bought version.
Prepared, tried, and tested Bobby Swanson
We have a wide variety of different Lemon Pie recipes for you, from vegan to regular.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.