I tried something new and Vegan Vanilla Frosting is the end result. I made small single-bite serving cake bites for a Vegan party instead of Cake.
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals. An individual who follows the diet or philosophy is known as a vegan. Distinctions may be made between several categories of veganism.
Which vegan butter tastes most like butter?
Earth Balance butter. When it comes to versatility and availability, Earth Balance is the best vegan butter overall. Not only does it have a taste and texture that’s nearly identical to butter, but it’s also one of the most common and affordable vegan butter you can find in grocery stores
I used store-bought small 3cm diameter vegan cookies. Made the following frosting, and piped it with a star nozzle. Dipped a second cookie in melted vegan chocolate and let it set.
Once all done and ready sandwich them for a small treat.
I tried something new and this is the end result. I used store-bought small 3cm diameter vegan cookies. Made the following frosting, and piped it with a star nozzle. Dipped a second cookie in melted vegan chocolate and let it set.
- 115 g Earth Balance’s Soft Vegan Spread
- 180 g icing sugar (also called powdered sugar)
- 2.5 ml Vanilla Extract
- 15–30 ml almond milk or any other Non-Dairy Milk of your choice
- In a medium bowl, cream soft vegan butter with an electric hand mixer until white, fluffy, and smooth, I would say ± 30 seconds to one minute.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract as well as 15 ml of milk.
- Start by beating the mixture on low speed with an electric hand mixer.
- Once icing sugar is partially mixed then increase speed to medium-high and scrape down the sides and continue to beat until it forms a smooth, spreadable frosting.
- Be cautious not the overbeat the mixture as it may curdle or even get gritty/grainy.
- If your frosting is too thick feel free to add more milk.
- Only add a few drops at a time until you have the consistency you need.
- If you inadvertently added too much milk and it becomes too thin, add, and beat in a small amount of extra icing sugar to counterbalance it.
- Scoop out in a small container and let it rest in the fridge before using.
- Spoon into a star nozzle piping bag and decorate as needed.
Prepared, tried, and tested Esme from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 23
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 3
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan Vanilla Frosting
How do vegans thicken icing?
If you accidentally add too much milk and make your vegan frosting too runny (it happens to the best of us) and your frosting is sloppy, too loose, or weeping, try adding ¼- ½ cup more of powdered sugar / icing sugar. What is this? Extra powdered sugar can sometimes help to absorb the extra liquid and save the day.
Recipes you should check out
Is Betty Crocker vanilla frosting vegan?
Betty Crocker frostings are made with dairy-free ingredients, such as vegetable oil and natural sweeteners. Their vegan options include Classic Coffee. Indulgent Chocolate Fudge.
Is Frosting Vegan? The 4 Best Accidental Vegan Frosting Brands
Everything from biscuits to fudge can be made into a vegan alternative
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.