A delectable very berry strawberry muffin treat
These strawberry muffins are a great way to use up your spring and summer strawberries. They are a nice change from the usual blueberry muffins and I must say they are very hard to resist not having more than one in a sitting. The secret is adding lots of berries to the batter, which gives the muffins an intense strawberry flavor, along with a touch of vanilla extract to complement the fruit.
Very Berry Strawberry Muffins
These strawberry muffins are a great way to use up your spring and summer strawberries.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Rest Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Cuisine: Teatime
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off with a knife, plus 2 teaspoons more for tossing with strawberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2–1/4 cups diced strawberries, from 1 pint, divide
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; spray the liners and the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. (The batter may look a little grainy — that’s okay).
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and the milk.
- Toss the strawberries with 2 teaspoons of flour (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom). Set 1/2 cup of the berries aside. Add the remaining berries to the batter and fold with a spatula until evenly distributed. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin (an ice-cream scoop with a wire scraper works well here); they will be very full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Run a sharp knife around the top edge of each muffin to free it from the pan if necessary (the edges can stick to the pan), then let the muffins cool in the pan for about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool completely.
They are a nice change from the usual blueberry muffins and I must say they are very hard to resist not having more than one in a sitting. The secret is adding lots of berries to the batter, which gives the muffins an intense strawberry flavor, along with a touch of vanilla extract to complement the fruit.
Keywords: #berries #muffins #muffinsforever #strawberry #delicious
The Benefits of Strawberries:
- Preventing heart disease
- Preventing stroke
- Contains powerful antioxidants that may work against free radicals
- Might provide benefits for people who have a raised risk of high blood pressure by helping to offset the effects of sodium in the body
- Are high in water content and fiber can help hydrate the body and maintain regular bowel movement
- Helps to regulate blood sugar and keep it stable by avoiding extreme highs and lows
Need and looking for more muffins?
Try out these delicious recipes:
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes directly to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.