A fragrant and moist Whole Orange and Coconut Cake ready for your next coffee break.
The Best Orange Coconut Cake and super delicious! I love the combination of citrusy and sweet flavors, and the texture would be amazing. It’s a unique and flavorful dessert that would be a hit at any gathering.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Grease a 20cm (base diameter) round cake pan.
- Line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Wash and dry the orange.
- Coarsely chop unpeeled orange.
- Process orange in a food processor until coarsely pureed.
- Add butter, egg, sugar, flour, and coconut.
- Process until combined (do not over-process).
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a zester, zest the skin of the extra orange into long thin strips.
- Juice the orange; strain.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in enough juice to make a smooth icing.
- Drizzle icing over the cake.
- Sprinkle with zest.
- Allow setting.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Lurlin from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Recipe credit: Womans Weekly
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 3676
- Sugar: 346.2 g
- Sodium: 2177.8 mg
- Fat: 183.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 478.6 g
- Fiber: 11.5 g
- Protein: 45.3 g
- Cholesterol: 1174 mg
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.